Many thanks to Meggan for nominating me! This is my second time being nominated for this award, so I really appreciate it!
The Mystery Blogger Award is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging; and they do it with so much love and passion.
- Put the award logo/image on your blog.
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well.
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
- Answer the questions provided by whoever nominated you.
- Nominate 10 – 20 people.
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog.
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions.
- Share a link to your best post(s).
Three Things About Me
- I’M STILL WRITING A BOOK. I’m slower than ever since this pandemic and I honestly have no excuse because, for me, nothing has changed. Oh, wait. I still don’t have my ADHD meds. Shit. 🤪
- I don’t like tea or coffee. *dodges fire-breathing book dragons* (Pumpkin spice is an exception, though. I know, it’s just as overrated, but it’s such a warm, cozy flavor that is pure autumn and I love autumn.)
- I wanted to be a ventriloquist once. The main character in one of my old stories was a ventriloquist (and a tarot reader) and I thought, “Ah, yes. This would be a great marketing technique.”
Would you rather relax by reading a new book or by re-reading a well loved book?
Reading a new book. I don’t tend to reread books, unfortunately. Too many books to read and I’m a slow reader to boot.
What is your favorite fairytale or myth?
When Prometheus said “fuck the gods” and gifted humanity fire.
Is there a book or film that’s your guilty pleasure?
I had to really think about this because I must be too boring for guilty pleasures or something. I remember reading Demon Road by Derek Landy and enjoying it, even though it was kind of outrageous. There’s a magical car that magically absorbs the driver’s waste for fuel instead of gasoline. Yeah, it was… interesting.
If you could master one skill instantly, what would it be?
Art! I used to draw, but writing proved so much easier that art and I broke up. It’s no big deal, though. I’d rather commission an artist than try to become great at something that’s just too demanding for me.
Dusk or dawn?
Dusk. I don’t get along with mornings. I’m sleepy, hungrier, and my ADHD is worse. I feel much more stable waking up in the early afternoon.
- Alice @ Love for Words
- Marina @ Books of Magic
- Bri @ Books and Shadows
- Nikki @ Nikki Swift Reads
- Jacob @ Books and Pixels
- Jack @ Jack’s Bedtime Reading
- Paul @ Bookends and Bagends
- Meg @ A Little Shelf-Righteous
- Ashlee @ Books Are 42
- Em @ What Em’s Reading
- Is there a fictional food or drink that you’ve always wanted to try?
- If you could have one magical item from a book, what would it be?
- Are there any non-bookish things you collect?
- Do you stay away from controversial authors’ books, or do you read them regardless?
- Would you still blog if you weren’t a book blogger?