Hey there, fellow book noodles. How are you all? I’ve been failing #Februwitchy because I’m a slower reader than I thought. Also, health issues. Good stuff. But that’s okay because it’s still fun to be part of a readathon.
In more positive news, Lauren @ Lala’s Book Reviews nominated me for the Liebster award, which I really appreciate, so thank you!
- Acknowledge the blog that gave it to you and display the award.
- Answer 11 questions that the blogger gives you.
- Give 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 11 blogs and notify them of their nomination.
- Give these blogs 11 questions to answer.
Which author(s) continue to surprise you with their work?
I’m not sure since I haven’t been reading long enough. Thanks, years of untreated ADHD!
What is a book that you know like the back of your hand?
None. 🙁 I seldom reread books, and my mind has only so much room to remember things.
What bookish world captivated you to the point you wish you could live there?
It was Harry Potter. Now I’d just rather visit places, not live in them. I would be bound by no laws! 😈
What is something that always brighten day?
It’s a tie between Living Dead Dolls and, of course, books. I’m also a fanfic writer and the dolls (essentially the boys) have really inspired me.
What is go to drink at a coffee shop?
Pumpkin spice latte? I’m… not a big coffee drinker. *dodges angry book bloggers*
Do you buy books for looks alone?
No? Sounds a bit odd to me, but hey, whatever makes you happy.
Are you a mood reader or do you plan out a monthly TBR?
Planning? Never heard of her. 🤪
What are your top 3 upcoming releases?
Are you up to date with the Shadowhunter world?
(I have nothing against Shadowhunters, I just thought this was a funny response. Laugh! LAUGH!)
What book do you own the most copies of?
Eh, I just stick with one copy of a book. I know, I’m boring.
What is your favorite bookish item to collect?
Nontoxic book-scented wax melts are nice. Mmm.
Random Facts About Me
- I’m half Sicilian, which I think is awesome because it’s a mix of cultures, including Arab (seriously, the Arabs contributed some great things).
- I have a dog that acts like a cat. Stroke her back and her butt rises like bread in the oven, fast-forward. She’ll also rub against you and paw at you when playing, and she can purr (no, really) and likes to sit on top of the couch.
- I was an aspiring author for over a disappointing decade and might write again because I never learn.
- I’m a lot less organized than I think I am, but I am trying my best, or at least I think I am.
- I’m just really kind of lazy? I feel as if I need a nap that lasts a few centuries.
- I sleep with a nightlight on because pitch-darkness makes me restless like a bright room does.
- Speaking of sleep, I do not experience fear in my nonsensical, sometimes nightmarish dreams. The last one I remember had me trapped in a place with serial killers, but I ended up driving them all to kill each other and themselves instead. It was awesome.
- I like black licorice.
- Only fictional characters can win my heart. Seriously. I have no capacity for attraction to real people.
- I witnessed three UFOs one night and I’m still salty about not having been abducted.
- I did a Google search to see if anyone else described a butt rising like bread in the oven. I am the first. I have claimed such a ridiculous simile. I am proud.
- Marina @ Books of Magic
- Mel @ Cotton Candy Book Witch
- Asha @ A Cat, A Book, and A Cup of Tea
- Lucy @ Lucy’s Novel Purpose
- Jules @ One More Word
- Emmie @ Another Night of Reading
- Emma @ The Bookworm Girl
- Bookends @ Bookends and Biscuits
- Sofii @ A Book. A Thought.
- Ashley @ Ashes Books & Bobs
- Any other book blogger reading this! I hate leaving people out and all book bloggers deserve appreciation. Let me know you answered my questions by linking to this post!
My Questions for the Nominees
- Are you subscribed to any monthly book boxes, such as OwlCrate?
- What book would you love to see turned into a movie/TV show?
- What tropes can’t you get enough of?
- What tropes are you sick of?
- Is there a book that you weren’t sure you’d like, but ended up liking?
- What book character do you relate to most?
- How would you feel if you had to trade places with the protagonist of the last book you read?
- If you had to choose, what book villain would you be?
- What’s your favorite magic system?
- Is there a special bookshop or library in the world that you’d love to visit?
- What advice would you give to new book bloggers?